::**PATIENCE**::

                                            (two of the many blessings given to me by my Lord)






"But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint." ISAIAH 40:31(nkjv)



"Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains. 8 You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near." JAMES 5:7-8 (niv)



>>> As a mom, I am prone to lose my patience very easily, as I am sure a lot of other mothers out there do. "Mommy this, mommy that , do this, do that." (ALL DAY LONG :) ).  Although I am sometimes to the point of pulling my hair out at times, I must admit I would have it no other way! I can actually say though I have definitely gotten a lot better in this past year (thanks to a lot of praying and believing that Gods mercy will change me). I can honestly tell you that I used to be a screamer. I would yell at my kids for the smallest of things, without even thinking twice about why I was really yelling at them for in the first place. I have just recently learned that children really have a different thinking process as we adults do. It may seem like a shame that I have only come to realize this, but we as humans are not perfect. Since I have devoted myself to the Lord, I ask him everyday to give me a "spirit of patience". Although each day I am learning more and more I can surely see a change, and what is great is that others notice it right away! I get so angry at myself for feeling impatient because it is such a strong overpowering emotion. The Bible teaches us that everyday brings a new blessing and that the Lord himself is the only perfection.
>>> I read a paper online somewhere about patience and it basically states that usually when all is going our way, we easily demonstrate patience with out any hesitation. But it is only then when we are violated emotionally or physically that our mind does a 360 dgr turn in the time of about 1/2 of a second.  Impatience leads to so many other nasty emotions: anger, hatred, stress, and frustration. But "LOVE" is the polar opposite of all of these emotions. Not having patience doesn't necessarily mean that you hate your children , but not having it makes the heart hard over time...meaning that you close your heart to all the wonderful blessings that God wants to give you. (even if you lose it for 2 seconds!)
>>> Obviously patience doesn't develop overnight, but God  is so powerful with all of his mercy and goodness. and all the mistakes and bad stuff that we may encounter in our 'life in Christ" are simply just STEPPING STONES THAT THE LORD USES IN THIS JOURNEY OF OURS TO PERFECTION!
>>> So, the next time you are faced with bad news or someone cuts you off in traffic, or your BFF betrays you; take a step back - open your heart- pray- AND JUST LET THE LORD TAKE CONTROL! He wants his children with pure hearts, and one step closer to a pure heart is through patience. A Christians we have the Lord's strength to respond to any stressful situation that may come our way with patience and having COMPLETE trust in the Father's power as well as purpose!
"To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life." ROMANS 2:7 (niv)
God Bless,
Kristi Marie <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

...::: THE HARD ROAD:::...

*** YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL***

IN LIGHT OF NATIONAL PRAYER DAY